Rename My TV Series will not install

I just installed a fresh copy of Manjaro on a new M.2 and everything is looking great so far. I’ve only run into one issue and that is in trying to install Rename My TV Series. rather it’s the QT or GTK version I get the same error. I’d just as soon fore it cause I know the creator and the AUR maintainer and know the files have not changed since my last install of it on ArcoLinuxB. Any suggestions or help with getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ion advance.

Cloning renamemytvseries-qt-bin build files...
Generating renamemytvseries-qt-bin information...
Checking renamemytvseries-qt-bin dependencies...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

Building renamemytvseries-qt-bin...
==> Making package: renamemytvseries-qt-bin 2.1.7-1 (Thu 21 Apr 2022 01:02:09 PM PDT)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found LICENSE
  -> Found RenameMyTVSeries-2.1.7-QT5-b24-beta-Linux-64bit-shared-ffmpeg.tar.gz
  -> Found RenameMyTVSeries.desktop
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    LICENSE ... Passed
    RenameMyTVSeries-2.1.7-QT5-b24-beta-Linux-64bit-shared-ffmpeg.tar.gz ... FAILED
    RenameMyTVSeries.desktop ... Passed
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
Failed to build renamemytvseries-qt-bin
  Host: Unimatrix-Zero Kernel: 5.17.1-3-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64
    Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.24.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux
  Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING v: Rev 1.xx
    serial: <superuser required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 4204
    date: 01/28/2021
  Info: 6-core model: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 bits: 64 type: MT MCP cache: L2: 3 MiB
  Speed (MHz): avg: 2652 min/max: 2200/4208 cores: 1: 3598 2: 3998 3: 2398
    4: 2198 5: 2199 6: 2198 7: 2141 8: 3599 9: 2399 10: 2708 11: 2199 12: 2199
  Device-1: NVIDIA TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER] driver: nvidia v: 510.60.02
  Display: x11 server: X.Org v: with: Xwayland v: 22.1.1 driver:
    X: loaded: nvidia gpu: nvidia resolution: 2560x1080~60Hz
  OpenGL: renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
    v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.60.02
  Device-1: NVIDIA TU116 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Device-2: AMD Starship/Matisse HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.17.1-3-MANJARO running: yes
  Sound Server-2: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: yes
  Sound Server-3: PipeWire v: 0.3.49 running: yes
  Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver: igb
  IF: enp3s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: a8:5e:45:55:75:ae
  Local Storage: total: 20.7 TiB used: 11.52 TiB (55.7%)
  ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Western Digital model: WD Blue SN570 500GB
    size: 465.76 GiB
  ID-2: /dev/sda vendor: Samsung model: MZNTY128HDHP-000L1 size: 119.24 GiB
  ID-3: /dev/sdb type: USB vendor: Seagate model: Expansion HDD
    size: 7.28 TiB
  ID-4: /dev/sdc type: USB vendor: Seagate model: ST8000AS0002-1NA17Z
    size: 7.28 TiB
  ID-5: /dev/sdd type: USB vendor: PNY model: USB 3.0 FD size: 115.38 GiB
  ID-6: /dev/sde type: USB vendor: Seagate model: ST330006 51NS
    size: 2.73 TiB
  ID-7: /dev/sdf type: USB vendor: Seagate model: ST3000DM 001-1E6166
    size: 2.73 TiB
  ID-1: / size: 465.46 GiB used: 30.5 GiB (6.6%) fs: btrfs
    dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2
  ID-2: /boot/efi size: 299.4 MiB used: 568 KiB (0.2%) fs: vfat
    dev: /dev/nvme0n1p1
  ID-3: /home size: 465.46 GiB used: 30.5 GiB (6.6%) fs: btrfs
    dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2
  ID-4: /var/log size: 465.46 GiB used: 30.5 GiB (6.6%) fs: btrfs
    dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2
  Alert: No swap data was found.
  System Temperatures: cpu: 40.0 C mobo: 32.0 C gpu: nvidia temp: 39 C
  Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 1264 case-1: 0 case-2: 0 case-3: 0 gpu: nvidia
    fan: 0%
  Processes: 444 Uptime: 1h 6m Memory: 23.45 GiB used: 5.27 GiB (22.5%)
  Shell: Zsh inxi: 3.3.15

Apparently, Tweaking4all, the devs, delete the files after a new release.

You should mark the package as outdated to let the AUR maintainer know that there has been an update.

1 Like

Might want to comment and let the AUR package maintainer know.

EDIT: The package is now flagged out of date, so they’ll know about it now.

In the meantime, you would want to run updpkgsums to correct the checksums before running makepkg as outlined in the wiki: Arch User Repository - Manjaro

The file is still there, it downloaded just fine using makepkg. Clicking the link on the AUR page does redirect to the homepage, however. Apparently they don’t allow hotlinking.

1 Like

Ah well, stupid me clicking a link.

Your method should work, however, the main goal of the checksum is to detect whether the downloaded file was tampered with. If the checksum fails, you know that you downloaded a bad file.
If you then download the file and replace the checksum with the one you just downloaded, you won’t notice the tampering and could just SKIP this check.

However, it should work now, the package was just updated 2 minutes ago


Sounds like if I check Han’s official download page I’ll see 2.1.8 instead of 2.1.7. If that is the case I can just wait till the AUR maintainer updates it cause I can just log into Arco to rename my files for now. Thanks for the quick replies guys and thanks for going ahead and flagging it.


I just checked his main download page and yes he’s got a new version for the beta out. THanks again.

Just saw this, and just got the update installed. THanks.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.