Removing wxgtk-common breaks dependency required by wxgtk2

Hello
When trying to update I got the message that “could not satisfay dependencies” because removing wxgtk-common breaks deppendency required by wxgtk2

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Screenshot_2022-07-18_11-38-54

5 Likes

it’s already described, wxgtk is no longer valid and has a successor. you need to remove the package manually and proceed with update afterwards:

Moderator edit: Fixed link

2 Likes

thank you
I was using an old version of truecrypt… and it needed the wxgtk2

just for your information, truecrypt should not be used anymore ! this app has serious security issues and is no longer supported. you should not use it in your own security interests ! veracrypt is the successor that replaces truecrypt.

1 Like

yes, I know… one of those things (lack of time, I’ll do it tomorrow… etc).
Now I was forced to solve the issue! Thank you again.

Guayadeque won’t build with the successor…

Guayadeque is an aur-package. you have to build it, how-to’s are avaiable in the forum and the internet

Hello,
I can’t find post 125…
Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

It was moved here:

Also see the last Testing Update post in lieu of the upcoming Stable Update post:

2 Likes

It won’t build. Try it!

pleae read this helpful article

The build issue (guayadeque) cannot be fixed with these instructions. While you can fix the PKGBUILD for the wxwidgets not found issue, it still errors out mid-compilation. Some code changes are required to fix these.

@Ben you’d need to wait for the devs or get your hands dirty yourself I’m afraid. (I see you already created an “issue” at their github repo)

2 Likes

I get the same message.

Will the developers fix this in coming weeks or do I have to do something? I don’t have Truecrypt installed (but I do use Veracrypt).

At first glance the article @Olli posted does not make sense to me (with my level of skills).

You need to remove anything that depends on wxgtk2 and also remove wxgtk2 before updating as was already announced. Nothing in the repos depends on wxgtk2 anymore, so whatever depends on it was manually installed by you from the AUR which is your responsibility to manage. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks - though I am not confident that anyone will be in a hurry to fix this.

If you don’t mind, how do I figure out which programs depend on ‘wxgtk2’?

1 Like

The Required by: information field you can check from the package manager. Or try to remove it so it tells you what requires it.

1 Like

Edit:

Okay, I uninstalled the package and now updates are running. When I went to uninstall there didn’t seem to be any warnings about dependencies, so that was a good sign.

All right, after a reboot I get this message when I try to run Veracrypt. If I click the continue button a few times it will load the normal interface. Is it safe to use?

I removed only wxgtk2, and the updates installed without issue.

What’s confusing is that I did not need to remove any other packages; only wxgtk2. I had nothing installed that depended on wxgtk2, and I cannot even pinpoint which of my PKGBUILDs from the AUR requires it (but not “really” requires it, since I removed wxgtk2 without a hiccup.)

Here are the following PKGBUILDs I have installed from the AUR. Which one could have been the culprit?

Keep in mind, I did not have to remove any of these in order to proceed with the updates via Pamac.

• czkawka-gui-bin

• dvdisaster

• gallery-dl

• mullvad-vpn-bin

• waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan

• wayback_machine_downloader

• xnviewmp

1 Like