Remove a gsettings schema

I uninstalled Lollypop a few months ago. Today, I reinstalled it but it won’t start with the following error:

Settings schema 'org.gnome.Lollypop' does not contain a key named 'hd-artwork'

Looking in gsettings, I can see that org.gnome.Lollypop is there but I can’t add a new key. Things I have tried:

• gsettings set org.gnome.Lollypop hd-artwork "1" results in No such key “hd-artwork”
  • gsettings set org.gnome.Lollypop hd-artwork 1 results in No such key “hd-artwork”
  • Uninstalling Lollypop, resetting the schema and reinstalling it

I really just want to remove the org.gnome.Lollypop schema but cannot work out how to. I think if I can do that, then I should be able to install Lollypop and have it write keys that it is expecting.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Solved

I didn’t work out how to remove a gsettings schema, but I did get Lollypop to work again, so if anyone else is having a similar issue the following is how I eventually resolved it.

• Uninstall Lollypop
  • Open a terminal and run the following commands. This will download, build and install Lollypop from source.
git clone git@gitlab.gnome.org:World/lollypop.git
cd lollypop
meson builddir --prefix=/usr/local
sudo ninja -C builddir install
  • Now open Lollypop, by just running the command lollypop
  • Close Lollypop, and then uninstall it with the command sudo ninja -C builddir uninstall
  • Now reinstall Lollypop through your usual route. For me that is the Add/Remove software application.

These steps seem to reset the gsettings schema for Lollypop so that it has all of the settings that it is expecting. I’ve no idea why that didn’t work for me and now I’ve spent an evening digging around. Ah well.

Now you’ll have conflicting files if you ever want to install the repo version because you didn’t use Pacman to install it. Remove the manually installed files and install lollypop-stable-git from the AUR (Arch User Repository) instead.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.