Remote Desktop Server: Best choice from official repo or AUR on Raspberry Pi 4 (4 GB RAM)?

Is there a way I can reset pamac?

I want nomachine back–I kind of need it–but I’m wary of installing it so long as there’s an error I don’t understand on the info page.

In the meantime, my Pi has decided to stop doing video out, so I’m trying to figure out what went wrong there. Everything was fine until I tried to update nomachine.

The Xorg.log.0 or whatever it’s called doesn’t show any errors, and the Pi thinks it’s connected fine, but there’s no video out at all. The TV just stays asleep, like there’s no input.

I’ve already tried unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable back in, to no avail.

Sorry, I have not yet had to dig into failed updates so my knowledge there is too thin. There is a Refesh databases option in pamac-manager. Maybe that will work?

And btw, I do not show an update for nomachine. pamac-manager shows I am up to date with 7.0.211-1

Edit: After resyncing in pamac-manager, now I see the update. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused…

If you keep a package cache in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ you can re-install either version of the package manually with:

$ cd /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
$ sudo pacman -U {package}

Since I was there, I went ahead and performed the nomachine update. I watched the log and it seemed to install without issue. I rebooted and then used it to connect to a remote server, no issues noticed.

Totally an issue on my end.

The esoteric wireless HDMI transmitter I used needed to be reset. I pressed a couple of buttons and wiggled it around until the status light was glowing the right color, and it was fine.

Oops. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.