Remote connection problem

When I use ssh to connect to remote ubuntu and open matlab in manjaro, the operation screen is very laggy. For example, opens a .fig file spent several seconds. However, this phenomenon does not occur in Ubuntu’s system, and even if I use ubuntu on the virtual machine in my manjaro to connect to remote ubuntu, it is not very laggy. What is the reason for this?

2 Likes

The problem is not the connection but the quality of the connection - if I understand?

Configuration, the datastreams and their complexity aka the amount of data moved.

I don’t use matlab but I do use Manjaro and quite a lot ssh connections.

99% of all connection issues is caused by configuration, connection quality, remote server, server pressure etc.

Your remote server account running low on space may influence on the connection.

Manjaro Linux inherits a lot of the Arch Linux philosophy - striving to keep as close to upstream defaults as possible.

This means the ssh client is default upstream client - no special configuration - no tweaking etc.

1 Like

please make sure that SSH connection on the remote system has enough bandwidth and speed.