Recommended Linux App To Burn IMG File To USB Drive?

Hi,

What is the best Linux app to burn IMG file to a USB flash drive?
I am using Manjaro KDE.
Thanks!

Jesse

Try them all, see which you like best.

However, you will see many users here recommend Ventoy, and for good reason. There’s no need to “burn” or “image” anything. You just drop .iso files into a folder and you’re done.

Try to explore.

Unless you meant something else, not really sure since your post is vague.

EDIT: Many users will also highly recommend Venoy for its idyllic and quaint French homes and friendly community. A great place to visit while on vacation across Europe.

I totally did not write a typo in my original post.

5 Likes

I’ve always just used dd. It hasn’t failed me yet.

Example:

sudo dd bs=4M if=/home/keith/Downloads/clonezilla-live-3.0.0-26-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdb status=progress && sync
2 Likes

If you want a gui may be useful usb-creator, usbimager, balena-etcher, unetbootin…

I prefer a GUI.
Found “mintstick” and it seems to be working.
Thanks!

Well done!

If you want, take a look at balena-etcher.

Ventoy is a GUI application. (You just use your file manager to click-and-drag ISO files after creating a Ventoy stick.)

Yet you settle on an older distro-branded (Linux Mint) tool? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Ventoy’s method is much more versatile. You don’t waste an entire stick just for one distro / image.

You can click-and-drag many ISOs into the folder, and boot from any of the ISO files with a UEFI system (most computers today.)

You simply create a Ventoy stick (one-time action), and from there you just dump ISO files into the stick.

1 Like

I know it’s already marked solved, but if I’m not mistaken, every Manjaro comes with SUSE image writer, which is a gui…yet, no one mentioned it.

imagewriter

I forgot all about it. Like I said, I always dd.

2 Likes

Not to mention that it works just fine.

1 Like

it just escapes me why ppl still resort to all this stone-age “disk-burn” methods when ventoy just works

4 Likes

Have you try ventoy?
No need to burn .iso

You can try Balena Etcher

It works quite well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.