Recommendation for wireless Headphones

Hello and welcome back to the new Manjaro forum.

I finally could convince my brother to install Manjaro. He is using an ASRock A300 with an AMD 3200G as a living room PC. For general audio output he uses a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro with a Teufel 5.1 attached. (Had to use this to tame PulseAudio)

Now he wants a wireless headset on this IO restricted machine. My thoughts would be either to use a digital wireless solution via USB 2,4 Ghz or a BT solution through a combination of in Intel AX200 and the ASRock Wireless extension. (As the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 doesn’t support BT 5.0)

Do any of you use a similar setup or can you recommend a different solution that works as flawlessly as possible with Manjaro?

I only tested wireless headsets with dedicated USB-receivers (you can use an USB hub, my screen even has a 4-port Hub integrated). I had several Asus, Logitech, Sennheiser and Razers.

From the ones I tested, most had constant background noise, clearly audible in silent parts due to the transceiver or very poor microphone quality. The only ones that did not have the noise and have a good microphone quality were Corsair Void Pro and Corsair HS70. The Void Pro would not physically fit on me, but the HS70 is my daily headset for almost 2 years now.
All worked flawless with Linux when I tested them.

Thank you for your answer! The HS70 look promising.

I’ve just gotten the Logitech G533’s for my birthday, and they are great.

Just a USB dongle for sound card and a USB charging cable.

Happy Birthday!

Looks also interesting!

My brother ordered the HS70. Thank you all for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.