Reason for including Onlyoffice

Is there any specific reason why the recent Manjaro ISOs include Onlyoffice office suite?
(Just curious since the inclusion of Freeoffice previously caused quite a row; and onlyoffice increases the installation size about 1 GB, anyway).
Maybe include options during installation, for LibreOffice, OnlyOffice and so on? [I am aware of the existence of Manjaro Hello software chooser, but options during installation would be nicer, I think]

2 Likes

Which edition did you install?

If it is a community edition the maintainer obviously likes it.

I installed the official KDE edition.

I don’t think the maintainer needs to explain. It is a design decision - and not a bad one - the maintainer has added it to the profile - that’s good enough for me.

If you’d rather use something else - feel free to remove it and install something else.

2 Likes

Of course it is not a bad one :sweat_smile:, I was just asking if there was any particular reason for choosing onlyoffice over libreoffice; but your answer explains it neatly. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Like LibreOffice, Onlyoffice is also free and open source, but it has much better compatibility with Microsoft Office in some cases (it supports viewing annotated .pptx presentations, for an example)

2 Likes

i understand that for new comers it might be a better experience out of the box having an office suite included;
but for me it’s just a waste of time,bandwidth and disk read and writes.

I am using OnlyOffice because it supports viewing note of my old presentation .pptx at my main monitor.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.