RealVNC "administrative privileges needed"

After I have installed Manjaro Cinnamon along with installing apps, when I started up the RealVNC server and fill out my login information, it’s not letting me add a VNC server stating that "administrative privileges are needed. I even used systemctl commands and it is still giving me this issue? What should I do to fix these issues?

Hi @anon22602904,

From what I can see, RealVNC is only available in the AUR:

$ pamac search realvnc
realvnc-vnc-viewer                                                                                                                                                                                                                          6.22.207-1  AUR
VNC remote desktop client software by RealVNC
realvnc-vnc-server                                                                                                                                                                                                                          6.9.0-1     AUR
VNC remote desktop server software by RealVNC

And unfortunately, while the pamac manager can install from the AUR, the AUR is unsupported. Please see the following for morre info:

However, try and start it from the command line, and provide any output here.

Edit:

After a quick bit of searching, I found its AUR Page where, indeed, it looks like you’re not the only one. But that’s all I can tell.

Could you elaborate what exactly you want to do?

You explain something about the server, but also information about logging in. So which of one is it?

Also which systemctl command?

That depends on what you want to do.

You don’t need to create a vnc server to connect to another system.

If on the other hand you want to control the Manjaro system you should use tigervnc package.

There is no app for TigerVNC on Android.

You can use any vnc viewer - although VNC® is registered in US - VNC is also a generic description for the Virtual Network Computing concept