Re-install manjaro xfce

Hi,
I have messed up my installation and want to do a fresh install. Can’t seem to find an answer. I have manjaro on a usb flash drive. When i boot from usb it just loads like normal, no option to re-install or repair?
Thank you in advance

Hello,

Then do it as you did first time.

There are ways to repair broken installs from chroot

1 Like

Hi,
The first time i had a windows machine, it loaded from usb into live environment.
I can’t seem to access the live environment, it just loads straight in like normal. I have boot order set to usb first that doesn’t work. Tried manually selecting from boot menu. I create the iso with

sudo dd bs=4M if=/home/estaban/Downloads/manjaro-xfce-21.0.6-210607-linux510.iso of=/dev/sdb1 status=progress oflag=sync

I’ll try recreating it, i may try the chroot option, never done it before.

Thank you

[quote="[HowTo] Chroot from or into any Linux distribution, post:1, topic:34071"]
Difficulty: ★★★☆☆ Step 1: Mount your system. This works for both GRUB and EFI systems/installations Okay, the first thing to do is to be root. To do so, open a terminal and type in sudo -i then hit the Enter key. You may then give in your password if prompted. We then need to create a directory where we will mount the target system. In this case, let’s make a directory named “chroot”, by entering mkdir /chroot in the terminal. Time to find where is your system located!! To do so, you may e…
[/quote]

This might be a bit beyond me. I don’t really understand terms like binding etc

You have defined a wrong target in your syntax, target should be the device /dev/sdb, not the partition /dev/sdb1. Details see here:

2 Likes

Well, there is also the easy way. Just type: manjaro-chroot -a and you are in chroot after choosing the installation by number.

1 Like

Nice one sunshine, appreciate that! now on my fresh install everything working perfectly, unfortunately its still me using it so anything can happen!

Have a good day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.