Rattling Fans XPS 15 7590

Hi everyone,

I’ve been having my PC for about 1 month, and after a few weeks, the right fans started to make rattling noise. It was gone after ~2 weeks. But now it’s back (still the right fan), I’ve ran diagnostics on dell pre-boot menu (F12) and on SupportAssist

The first time I ran the test on those, both said that there was a problem, yet when I ran it a 2nd time, there weren’t any problems detected, even on the advanced diagnostics of pre-boot…

I looked at the docs about noisy fan but I don’t think fans would be dirty enough for me having to clean them after a week or two… And knowing absolutely nothing about hardware maintenance, I don’t want to mess it up :sweat_smile:

And the rattling is different depending on the tilt angle of the computer, and when I change the tilt angle fast, the sound it makes is like the fan was moving :confused:

If someone has an idea of what I can do :slight_smile:

Since it is a hardware malfunction call techsupport?

1 Like

Better to call dell. and have the service tag on hand.

In my experience, when a fan makes such noises, it’s usually dirty or a failing bearing. I have no idea what type of fan Dell uses in this laptop but I would get it replaced if it’s still under warranty.

1 Like

Yep, they replaced both fans with the heatsink and now, it’s silent and my cpu don’t overheat as it did before

Great to hear

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.