Raspberry Pi Kernels (2.0)

sway/hyprland had backlight module addon, but /sys/class/backlight is empty.
does we need some kernel configs enable?

Do you have a module name.

I assume you are still running linux-rpi4-mainline.

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/packages/core/linux-rpi4-mainline/-/blob/master/config

The 6.5.y tree finally was created in the RPi github. New kernel packages pushed to the unstable branch when the mirrors sync.

linux-rpi4-rc 6.5.rc1-1
linux-rpi4-rc-headers 6.5.rc1-1
1 Like

I got my drives being delivered to me in 2 days, so this is perfect.

I will reinstall and then start a 2 month long testing period to see if I can implement manjaro instad of rasp os for my urbackup/plex/deluge/fileserver.

I have had it running in unstable (too many things from the AUR for me to feel comfortable in stable) for about 3 weeks and it SEEMS to work flawlessly.
I just need it to be EXACTLY like it should with external drives, btrfs on those and all that jazz.

But imho manjaro arm seems VERY stable and fast on rpi4b8gb!

1 Like

The latest linux-rpi4-mainline kernel packages has been pushed to the unstable branch when the mirrors sync.

linux-rpi4-mainline 6.4.3-1
linux-rpi4-mainline-headers 6.4.3-1
1 Like

Has the build script also been changed so the community repos are gone now?

Edit. I know this is unstable, but I’m kinda stuck here getting a “new” image that is not correct.

I’m not sure that manjaro-arm’s community repo is physically gone yet. Seems like I read a post something like it was deleted and recreated with a blank database for a temporary compatibility issue until things get sorted out elsewhere.

So you will include an update in the future changing that? That I can run with pacman?
(sorry for noob question, not sure how it works on arm)

I ask because I am about to start the testing I mentioned earlier in this thread, and I want to create that system from a clean build, like, today, I have all the stuff here now.

I only maintain mostly rpi related packages and a few others like code, handbrake, kodi-rpi and a few desktop images.

When it is time the pacman.conf which is part of the pacman package will be upgraded for you to install but it will probably be installed as /etc/pacman.conf.pacnew for you to view and make your own local changes to pacman.conf. I imagine @philm will author the changes and push to the repo.

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/packages/core/pacman

1 Like

learning a cli diff program it is.

Thank you so much for your responses! :hearts:

The latest linux-rpi4-rc kernel packages has been pushed to the unstable branch when the mirrors sync.

RPi has approved a request to enable MPTCP in the kernel. Starting with this kernel it will be enabled for those who want to play with it.

linux-rpi4-rc 6.5.rc2-1
linux-rpi4-rc-headers 6.5.rc2-1
1 Like

rc2 seems a little bit slower everywhere but just feeling, anyone confirm?

I am inclined to agree. I have been testing it more since I got back from town. I am going to compile the kernel again with out the MPTCP enabled to see if somehow it has some negative effect. My internet seems slower but other programs seem slower also. So I am taking MPTCP out of the picture.

I disabled MPTCP and recompiled the kernel and it does not make any difference. Things still seem slower. I then installed the latest linux-rpi4-mainline and everything seems back to normal with it so I guess the huge update today with the packages is not a factor either. For now I am thinking the new -rc2 kernel is to blame. I would report it but I think I will wait and see if some one else reports it and then chime in. Sometimes they snap back saying the -rc kernel is for testing only and expect issues. It is meant for testing only and not for public use.

ok, back to rc1, thanks.

I found the issue and fixed it and uploading the new kernel packages to unstable branch when the mirrors sync. Some how my config got messed up. MPTCP is back enabled.

linux-rpi4-rc 6.5.rc2-2
linux-rpi4-rc-headers 6.5.rc2-2
1 Like

I forgot to mention yesterday that RPi also enabled CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT=y in their kernel config so iotop would work but it is not activated by default. You have to add delayacct to the end of /boot/cmdline.txt for iotop to work properly.

This is now in the latest linux-rpi4-rc kernel in the unstable branch. It will also be in the future linux-rpi4 / linux-rpi4-mainline kernels as they upgrade

1 Like

The latest linux-rpi4 / linux-rpi4-mainline kernel packages has been pushed to the unstable branch when the mirrors sync.

linux-rpi4 6.1.39-1
linux-rpi4-headers 6.1.39-1
linux-rpi4-mainline 6.4.4-1
linux-rpi4-mainline-headers 6.4.4-1
1 Like

found Alarm had bootloader update but you not?

I will when the files in the 2 rpi-bootloader packages actually are upgraded. The *.elf, *.dat and bootcode.bin files were last upgraded 3 months ago. The bootcode.bin was upgraded 9 months ago.

The .dtb’s and kernel.img files and the overlays directory are built and provided in the kernel packages.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot