Random reboots due to possible hardware problems

Hi and Happy Holidays, I have been experiencing random reboots mostly when working in graphic intensive programs like Darktable. Sometimes it can happen just by browsing on the web. It’s very strange. It’s been happening for about 6 months and I’ve tried everything to resolve the issue without success.

Just recently, I totally removed all dust particles from my desktop computer. It was quite a bit since I haven’t cleaned my computer in years. I noticed that the reboots were not as frequent after this process so that was good.

Just recently I scanned my system for memory errors and I found quite a few problems using trial and error but I still have the problem even after removing the faulty memory modules. I used to have 128Gb of memory and now I have 64Gb available.

I’ve even upgraded my bios but it didn’t change anything.

As for my video card, I only have the default video drivers installed and according to the command glxinfo -B, the GPU appears to be active and working. I don’t think Chrome and Darktable are using the GPU as they normally would.

According to the sensors program, my system is well under the high level of 95 degrees. My CPU usually hovers around 30 degrees.

I’ve also done a few scans on my SSD drives using smartctl and it didn’t uncover any issues.

I’ve done quite a few searches on the net but I am not able to find anyone in my unique situation. I know this must be a hardware problem because the same issues happen in my openSUSE system as well.

I have a strong suspicion that it could be related to my system using the default video drivers but I don’t seem to have an alternative.

Checking the logs just before the –REBOOT-- entry, there is nothing weird and I don’t have any problems related to hardware issues.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Chris

System Info:
Kernel : 5.9.11-3-MANJARO,
Memoery: 64Gb
Motherboard : X99 Extreme6

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Video Driver : VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Baffin [Radeon RX 550 640SP / RX 560/560X]

I experience the exact same thing.

Related: Manjaro keeps shutting down randomly