Question Re: Software Package Updates

Hi,
This is probably a stupid question, but what is it typical number of application updates to come through at any one time? Desktop PC KDE user and packages up to date last night. This morning I have 249 available updates. The last time I had this many I lost my wifi connection and had to reinstall the driver package and struggled getting my wifi reconected. I’m still relatively new to Manjaro and Linux, but I haven’t experienced the same issues using Ubuntu or Zorin.
Thanks

Hello,

Both are point release distributions, not rolling like Manjaro.

As per the update announcements you have to rebuild AUR packages, so most likely your wifi driver required that too.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a typical number, it is what it is. Just for fun I reviewed my pacman history and here are some of the package numbers: 111, 152, 191, 137, 388, 541, 532, 152, 231, 229. I have the pacman.conf option, VerbosePkgLists on. It creates a nice table of the additions and subtractions which we log.

Whenever you are ready to apply an update, the very first thing you need to do is go to the Announcment forum and read at a minimum the first entry. It will list known problems, potential solutions, and required actions.

If you want to see the packages that are changing @philm adds a link and the text is: A detailed list of all package changes can be found here.

1 Like