Question about the nvidia x server settings in a hybrid intel/nvidia laptop

hello
i have two questions
1- i’d like to save the “prefer maximum performance” in the powermizer tab(right now the setting is lost after reboot).
i saw a few solutions i could try,but i’m hesitant since i have optimus-manager and on it’s page it says:

• Custom Xorg config : optimus-manager works by auto-generating a Xorg configuration file and putting it into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/. If you already have custom Xorg configuration files at that location or at /etc/X11/xorg.conf , it is strongly advised that you remove anything GPU-related from them to make sure that they do not interfere with the GPU switching process.
  • Nvidia-generated Xorg config : Similarly, if you have ever used the nvidia-xonfig utility or the Save to X Configuration File button in the Nvidia control panel, a Xorg config file may have been generated at /etc/X11/xorg.conf . It is highly recommended to delete it before trying to switch GPUs.
  • Manjaro-generated Xorg config : Manjaro has its own driver utility called MHWD that also auto-generates a Xorg config file at /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf. optimus-manager will automatically delete that file to avoid issues.

also in the Manjaro wiki; Resolution/Refresh Rate settings should be saved in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf and settings for OpenGL , Antialiasing, X Server XVideo should be saved in .nvidia-settings-rc in the default location specified (/home/[your account name]
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Configure_NVIDIA_(non-free)_settings_and_load_them_on_Startup

so where do i store the powermizer one i want?
and again the same concern with the above optimus-manager warnings.

and second question:
2-in the nvidia “x server display configuration” i get no change when choosing advanced view,like in this exemple:

for my first question, i looked around a bit more and there multiple solutions that might work,some involve a xcorg file,other . ~/.xinitrc and .nvidia settings-rc.
i found a solution that i haven’t tried yet,but it seems the most trouble-free for my case:

for the second issue about the advanced settings not showing,i think it might have to do with the fact i have an optimus laptop:
“some switches missing in nvidia xserver settings in the Optimus case is normal”

I don’t use optimus manager but I have dual graphics laptop and suffered with the prefer maximum performance not being saved after reboot. I solved it with this little script

#!/bin/bash

nvidia-settings -a “[gpu:0]/GpuPowerMizerMode=1”

Just save it somewhere make it executable and add it to the list of startup applications/applications to start on boot

1 Like

yes,that’s the solution i chose to apply.

1 Like