QtCreator question / General linux executable question

When I execute /home/user/Qt/6.6.0/Tools/bin/qtcreator/qml2puppet-12.0.2 --appinfo it tells me that it was compiled with GCC 10. Does this mean that I need GCC 10 installed to execute it properly?

Sorry, we have no idea what you’re doing and why you have a local, out of date Qt Creator installation. We have Qt 6.6.2 in the Manjaro stable and testing branches, 6.6.3 in unstable and 6.7 is coming soon. GCC 13.2.1 is the current version available in all branches.

Please see:

It’s because Qt themselves recommend to install Qt from their unified installer under the home directory. My bad, yes I know on the Manjaro site I should be asking about Manjaro packages. I have 100+ comment long threads already about my attempts to get Qt Creator working in any manner that I can on both the Manjaro forum and the Qt forum. No one seems to know why I can’t make it work, but I don’t want to go down that road again. I ran into the compilation version and thought that might have something to do with it. I’m looking to see what the Manjaro package says.

Ok yes, the Manjaro package is indeed compiled with the correct gcc. I guess that explains why the Qt version crashes on me. Unfortunately the Manjaro version still isn’t working for me.

What does any of this have to do with Manjaro if you’re using a local installation?

Maybe you didn’t provide enough information for them to help you?

Please use upstream support channels.