Manjaro 2021/10/25
Qt Creator 5.0.2-1
Qt Assistant (qt5-tools) 5.15.2+kde+r17-3
qt5-doc 5.12.5-1
qt6-doc 6.2.0-1
qt6-tools 6.2.0-1
qt5-tools (no standalone package)

Problem

Both qt5-doc and qt6-doc are installed, but only qt5-doc is auto detected in Qt Assistant.

Hi @followait,

I’m no expert and have never given myself over as one.

However, from what I can see from the information you’ve provided, it does make sense seeing as there is only qt5-tools to work with form the -docs packages.

AFAIK, qt4/qt5/qt6 are different versions of the framework, and just as qt5 tools will not work for qt4 and vice versa, qt5/qt6 tools will not work with each other.

So give installing qt6-tools a go and see what happens:

pamac install qt6-tools

Hope this helps!

qt6-tools has been installed, but for Qt Assistant, it shows Qt Assistant (qt5-tools) 5.15.2+kde+r17-3.
Also no standalone package for qt5-tools, I think Qt Asstistant and qt5-tools are bundled together.
After some searching on the web, there is qt6-assistant, but no corresponding one in manjaro official repo or aur repo.

From your original post it doesn’t look that way to me.

Here you mentioned qt5-tools.

That’s why I recommended qt6-tools:

pamac install qt6-tools

Because according to my understanding, they are not the same.

When I was writing the original post, qt6-tools had been installed, I have updated the post.

Open a terminal and provide the output for

pamac search qt5-tools

and

pamac search qt6-tools

Please.

• qt5-tools

$ pamac search qt5-tools
    mingw-w64-qt5-tools-static                                                                                                                  5.15.2+kde+r17-1         AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (Development Tools, QtHelp; mingw-w64)
    mingw-w64-qt5-tools                                                                                                                         5.15.2+kde+r17-1         AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (Development Tools, QtHelp; mingw-w64)
    apple-darwin-qt5-tools                                                                                                                      5.9.1-1                  AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (Development Tools, QtHelp; apple-darwin)
    qt5-tools-git                                                                                                                               v5.15.0.r76.g33693a92-1  AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (Development Tools, QtHelp)
    qt5-tools-595                                                                                                                               5.9.5-2                  AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (Development Tools, QtHelp) (v5.9.5)
    qt5-tools                                                                                                                       [Installed] 5.15.2+kde+r17-3         extra 

• qt6-tools

$ pamac search qt6-tools
    mingw-w64-qt6-tools-static                                                                                                                                  6.2.0-1  AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (tools, mingw-w64)
    mingw-w64-qt6-tools                                                                                                                                         6.2.0-1  AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (tools, mingw-w64)
    android-aarch64-qt6-tools                                                                                                                                   6.2.0-1  AUR 
        A cross-platform application and UI framework (tools, android)
    qt6-tools                                                                                                                                       [Installed] 6.2.0-1  extra 

OK,

My apologies. Because, I have absolutely no idea further.

HEY! I did say I’m not an expert and this just proves it.

(It might be that there’s an environment variable or a $PATH setting missing.)