QGIS not launching

Hello!

I recently did a clean install of Manjaro with XFCE because Cinnamon was crashing my video driver frequently. I use QGIS regularly for work, and it was working initially, but now qgis will not launch, and will not even register a process when I attempt to launch it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and clearing the cache between installations, as well as reinstalling all the qgis dependencies, and I have had no luck. I have also tried several different I managed to find someone who asked just this on the forums, but the post is private and I was not able to find it later.

¿Anybody know what I can do as next steps to figure out what the problem is?

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

With the disclaimer that I’m not familiar with that application, have you tried starting the application from a terminal window? That should provide for at least some verbosity.

Yes, terminal output will help :slight_smile:
First guess: something is wrong with QGis finding its python support.
Secong guess: something is wrong with a plugin (and python). Try to start from terminal with qgis --noplugins

Thank you all for the support.

Running qgis from terminal gives me the following. --noplugins does the same

qgis: error while loading shared libraries: libmariadb.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I attempted to install mariadb-libs to see if it helped at all with the problem and Pacman gave me the following error:

could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing mysql-clients breaks dependency ‘mysql-clients’ required by mysql,
  • if possible, remove mysql and retry

However, I use mysql for work. ¿Any ideas?

In addition to mysql-clients.
Have you also installed libmysqlclient?
If I read correctly this seems to provide also libmariadbclient & mariadb-libs.

1 Like

libmysqlclient 8.0.21-1 is installed

So, I managed to get the mariadb-libs installed. I rolled back to the most recent lts kernel, and it worked, QGIS is now up and running. Big thanks to everyone who took the time to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.