Python-pygments package conflicts

I tried to install Komorebi using pacaur, and it failed due to being unable to install the vala package. When I tried to install vala separately, it failed to build due to not being able to install the python-pygments package, as a result of the python-pygments package already existing on the system.

I thought maybe I could build the vala package myself, and I acquired a PKGBUILD from here, but when I attempted to build it failed again, as a result of vala being listed as a build dependency (?). Okay no worries, I’ll just remove vala as a dependency of itself from the PKGBUILD and attempt to build again, right?

On par with everything else, the build fails because I need to install its dependency, gtk-doc. So I attempted to install it using pacaur, but sure enough it fails, because as with attempting to build vala, python-pygments is already installed on the system.

I’m really not sure what to try next, but I surely don’t want to keep going down the same path of dependency hell. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is installing Komorebi this just a lost cause at this point?

How did you install python-pygments?

Output of:

pacman -Qi python-pygments

I haven’t installed it explicitly that I I’m aware, so I’m guessing it was probably installed as a dependency of a some other random package that has been added over time.

also…

pacman -Qi python-pygments
error: package 'python-pygments' was not found

[Edit:] IDK, but it seems like the package isn’t installed on my system, which is rather strange considering the following…

$ pacaur -S vala
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (6)                New Version  Net Change

core/glib2-docs            2.66.2-1      20.17 MiB    
extra/gtk-doc              1.33.1-1       2.81 MiB
extra/python-anytree       2.8.0-1        0.31 MiB
extra/python-lxml          4.6.1-1        4.25 MiB
community/python-pygments  2.7.2-1        9.79 MiB
extra/vala                 0.50.2-1      13.18 MiB

Total Installed Size:  50.51 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(6/6) checking keys in keyring                     [######################] 100%
(6/6) checking package integrity                   [######################] 100%
(6/6) loading package files                        [######################] 100%
(6/6) checking for file conflicts                  [######################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python-pygments: /usr/bin/pygmentize exists in filesystem
python-pygments: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygments/__init__.py exists in filesystem
python-pygments: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygments/__main__.py exists in filesystem
python-pygments: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygments/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-38.pyc  exists in filesystem
python-pygments: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygments/__pycache__/__main__.cpython-38.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pygments: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygments/__pycache__/cmdline.cpython-38.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pygments: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygments/__pycache__/console.cpython-38.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pygments: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygments/__pycache__/filter.cpython-38.pyc exists in filesystem

[Edit:] I think I see what the problem is now, and I found another post that should help me get back on track -> (this forum)…/t/update-or-package-installation-returns-failed-to-commit-transaction-conflicting-files-filename-exists-in-filesystem/3598 (heh I’m unable to post links at this time, so I’ll have to edit this post when i have a higher rep)

Thanks for your help!