PS3 controller connected and functioning but not showing on any interface

Continuing the discussion from Bluetooth device is connected and works, but bluetoothctl shows not connected:

Someone told me to start a new topic for this problem so here is the message I posted on there:

I don’t know when it started, but although all my Bluetooth devices work fine, my PS3 controller doesn’t appear in any interface (like KDE or with bluetoothctl as DanielEcki said).

Other Bluetooth devices, like my phone, show up fine there, but not my controller, which isn’t a big deal, but it’s annoying because I can’t disconnect it except by turning Bluetooth off and on.

This is the bluetoothctl output for ‘devices’ and ‘info’ of my controller:

[bluetooth]# devices
Device 04:98:F3:41:51:C6 Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller
Device A0:46:5A:15:27:B3 moto g82 5G
[bluetooth]# info 04:98:F3:41:51:C6
Device 04:98:F3:41:51:C6 (public)
        Name: Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller
        Alias: Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller
        Paired: no
        Bonded: no
        Trusted: yes
        Blocked: no
        Connected: no
        WakeAllowed: yes
        LegacyPairing: no
        UUID: Human Interface Device... (00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        Modalias: usb:v054Cp0268d0000

My phone also shows there and when I connect it it appears in the KDE interface (connected or not, as a paired device) but my PS3 controller doesn’t even when it’s working and I can play with it.

1 Like

Of course it’s the same root cause as my problem, you were completely right in the last thread. The cause is a kernel bug: 218680 – bluetooth connected status not shown in KDE desktop GUIs
The solution is the same as for me: We have to wait for a kernel that includes the fix. Arch Linux is already working on patching this for their kernels, I hope this will trickle down to Manjaro in foreseeable future: [SOLVED] 6.8.2.arch1-1 bluetooth connected not shown anymore / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux Forums

On a sidenote, the Arch forum there shows how such a problem can be handled in an effective way. Listening to the reporter, reproducing the bug, nailing it down to the kernel, bisecting the kernels, identifying the causing commit, report it to the kernel developers, working on local backports.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.