Prompted with a file cleaning command when trying to boot?

Hi all, im new here so forgive my ignorance

After updating many packages i was prompted to reboot, upon doing so i was greeted with a command on a black screen and nothing loaded. the command was
/dev/nvme0n1p2: clean 297481/61030400 files, 7449755/244112696 blocks

i looked for solutions here and it seemed the easiest was was to login to tty2? so i logged into it and ran the mirror refresh and sudo pacman -Syyu but beyond that i had no idea

i think this might be something to do with my gpu drivers but im unsure sorry for wasting everyones time

It’s just a message, an information,
it’s not a prompt - you are not expected to “do” anything
it’s part of the long list of messages that you’d see if the boot loader was not set to be quiet
to just show you a nice image or a blank screen
instead of what is actually going on.

This particular message can be supressed, too.
But it needs special treatment to achieve that (if I remember correctly).

If it’s not too disturbing for you - just live with it.
… it’s just information - nothing is broken :wink:

the problem is, it wont boot to the home screen it just stays with that message on the screen :frowning: i tried launching from tty2 with kstart5 plasmashell but it came up with an error message… i dont suppose you might know how to get back to a start screen of some description? i do greatly appreciate your help

Which message?

it was;

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

While waiting for someone knowledgeable with KDE to come in, let’s get your system information.
Since you seem to be stuck in TTY, let’s push it to an online pastebin, so you don’t have to copy everything. :wink:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width | curl -F 'clbin=<-' https://clbin.com