Productivity tools suggestions please

I have been looking for a productivity tool that can help me in my day to day work.

I am using a lot of tools that does not seem to let me navigate using the keyboard so there is a lot of pointing and clicking in a work day and my hands are resenting it.

For instance, we are using slack and are looking up customer files. Just to open 1 file, have me pointing and clicking three times.

I use albert to open applications and certain documents and that is great.
But I also would like to put open applications in focus without having to cycle through them all with alt+tab.

Can any of you think of a tool that is flexible enough to let me adapt it to putting applications in focus and configuring it to avoid pointing and clicking?

Thanks!

Something like this?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Rofi

2 Likes

It looks like something that could do the trick… Or at least part of the trick.
Thanks!

Could you record a demo of how do you usually navigate your work?

You can upload it to YouTube, and paste the link here.

I am afraid not, because most of the information I treat is sensible, and to show how I navigate would be almost impossible without also showing sensible information.

Have you thought about a tiling solution (I’m not familiar with xfce) to better handle your workflow (example i3 - improved tiling wm)

A alternative to using your hands could be to not use your hands at all

I am using two big monitors, so monitor space is not an issue.
Rofi looks like a very good candidate as I also copy and paste a lot.

Now I only need to find some good (for dummies kind of) instructions on how to get started with it

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.