Problems with certificates

Hi

this is my first post here, I am no native English speaker and and I have installed Manjaro XFCE on the SSD of my Raspi 4 2 hours ago…at least, it boots… :wink:

I installed via the Raspi Imager, which offered me a Manjaro Image (XFCE), which I choose.
Copying and boot was smooth, intro (system setup) works fine.
I connected via SSH from my GENTOO Linux PC to my Raspi 4, logged in an started the update of the system. That’s where the problems start…
I got a lot of certificate errors like “certificate validation failed”. I searched the internet for a solution and found some reports of similiar effects, but all were old.
I did a pacman-mirrors --geoip && sudo pacman -Syyu
and got tons of messages like:

can’t include the error message, because otherwise this post is rejected

Then, trying to build my local clone of the wezterm github repo I got:
error: failed to download from (URL HERE)

(LINK obfuscated by me…)

Caused by:
[60] SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK (SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid)
which is interesting in so far, that exactly the same procedure works fine on my GENTOO Linux - so I think it is not a problem of the server from which I try to fetch the code.

How can I fix these certificate related problems?

Cheers!
mcc

PS: All URLs removed - otherwise my post would not be accepted

The SSL error is caused by the system clock not being correct. Raspberry Pi has no cmos battery and therefore you need to ensure correct system time - otherwise you get certificate errors due to incorrect system time

sudo systemctl enable --now systemd-timesyncd

When posting logfiles and similar which contains urls always use code fence, which is three (3) backticks on separate lines before and after the content as the following example illustrates

```
Text
```

Hi,

oh! Thanks! :slight_smile: thought ntp had been activated by default. Thanks for the hint with the code blocks.