Problem with the mouse cursor

Can confirm with gnome manjaro and 5.10.
I do have a nvidia k1100m with open source driver running.

You are having the ladder issue on 5.10? Had you installed 5.11 at any point?

It’s a known problem, https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/nouveau/2021-March/038113.html
The fix should start showing up in later versions of the kernel - 5.11 for openSUSE, not sure about Manjaro.

For those experiencing this issue, is it feasible to test this using the proprietary nvidia driver (or switch the display to use the Intel card, if applicable)?

I know that if I try to use the Nvidia drivers, I’ll never boot back into the GUI.

Switching to the proprietary nvidia driver will not allow you to login to your GNOME / Xfce session?

If you want to keep using the nouveau driver, looks like a fix is coming for Linux kernel 5.11, as posted by @therapon above.

That is correct, if I try the Nvidia drivers, I’ll have to reinstall the OS completely as I’ll just have a blank screen and I’m not a programmer so the only option I know of is to reinstall and never use the Nvidia drivers again. I’ve tried it several times.

I can run 5.11 in Manjaro KDE without any problems. BTW, I cannot run the Nvidia drivers in KDE either as it also won’t ever boot into the GUI.

Good news - for me, at least.

I have installed Linux 5.12 and the cursor i just fine with Gnome and Wayland. :grinning:

Thank you to whoever that was.

I have been running 5.11 since the update about a week ago and the ladder issue has disapeared.