Problem with the login

Hello everyone,

I recently installed Manjaro GNOME on my computer, and so far, it’s been a great experience. However, I’ve encountered an issue that’s been bothering me. After leaving the computer idle for about 20 minutes, the screen locks as expected. But when I try to unlock the computer and enter my password, it keeps telling me, “Incorrect password.” As a result, I’m forced to restart the computer every time to resolve the problem.

I’m reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there’s a solution to fix it. It’s a bit frustrating to have to restart my computer frequently, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I apologize for any mistakes in my English.

Hi and welcome to the forum :partying_face: :

Could you share some details about your system so users have an idea what you are working with.

Some info that might be handy, in your specific case this would be the part of the log where lockscreen fails to log you in. As far as I can replicate the behavior the gdm-password should report something along the lines of

pam_unix(gdm-password:auth): authentication failure; etc...

Can you force the behavior, reboot and report the output around the gdm-password service?
The command journalctl --boot=-1 | grep gdm-password should point to the relevant timestamps, if this gives some insight into what is happening you can go from there.

A cause might be a faulty fingerprint reader service, there are some old threads about this. No clue what a solution might be. As a temporary workaround, disable the screensaver/lock function in the settings menu.