Problem with DisplayCAL on KDE

Hello everyone.

My setup is: Current Stable Manjaro version (kernel 5.4.64-1-MANJARO) + KDE Plasma 5.19.5 + KDE Frameworks 5.73 + DisplayCAL 3.8.9.3

I am trying to use DisplayCAL to calibrate my monitor. DisplayCAL measurements and calibration all work fine up to the point where the generated profile is loaded at the end. There I get a message complaining about not being able to find the ICC profile. The error text is like:

colord: gi.repository.GLib.Error: g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ColorManager.NotFound:profile id ‘icc-afe…’ does not exist(36)

I have not been able to find any help on DisplayCAL forums, and will appreciate any pointers.

Many thanks in advance,
Arifi Köseoğlu

1 Like

Hello,

You will need the colord package with the optional dependency of argyllcms that supports some calibration hardware, and colord-kde that will also add an menu entry in Settings. The error you get is about gnome-color-manager that need to be installed. Once you have that, the Settings Colord will show more options to handle the profiles.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Bogdan. I was missing argyllcms and gnome-color-manager. After installing them I was able to run DisplayCAL and then install the profile using gnome-color-manager. Your help is very much appreciated.
Cheers
Arifi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.