Problem with DisplayCAL on KDE

Hello everyone.

My setup is: Current Stable Manjaro version (kernel 5.4.64-1-MANJARO) + KDE Plasma 5.19.5 + KDE Frameworks 5.73 + DisplayCAL 3.8.9.3

I am trying to use DisplayCAL to calibrate my monitor. DisplayCAL measurements and calibration all work fine up to the point where the generated profile is loaded at the end. There I get a message complaining about not being able to find the ICC profile. The error text is like:

colord: gi.repository.GLib.Error: g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ColorManager.NotFound:profile id ‘icc-afe…’ does not exist(36)

I have not been able to find any help on DisplayCAL forums, and will appreciate any pointers.

Many thanks in advance,
Arifi Köseoğlu

Hello,

You will need the colord package with the optional dependency of argyllcms that supports some calibration hardware, and colord-kde that will also add an menu entry in Settings. The error you get is about gnome-color-manager that need to be installed. Once you have that, the Settings Colord will show more options to handle the profiles.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Bogdan. I was missing argyllcms and gnome-color-manager. After installing them I was able to run DisplayCAL and then install the profile using gnome-color-manager. Your help is very much appreciated.
Cheers
Arifi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.