Problem with dipslay manager for kernel 5.7 and higher + problem with packages during update 31.12.20

Hello!

I ran into problem with kernel 5.7 or higher…when I start any of the kernels starting from 5.7 there is error message - can’t start display manager…I tried to stop service and start it again but nothing happens, only black screen with same massage.

Second problem I ran into is when I try to update manjaro packages the error say could not satisfy dependency…When I log out and go to tty2 and start update then it ask me for some changes in packages and Im not shure what to do and what package to remove and what to install.

could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing linux58-nvidia-418xx breaks dependency ‘linux58-nvidia-418xx’ required by linux-latest-nvidia-418xx,

• if possible, remove linux-latest-nvidia-418xx and retry

• removing pulseaudio-equalizer breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio-equalizer’ required by manjaro-pulse,

• if possible, remove manjaro-pulse and retry

• removing pulseaudio-jack breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio-jack’ required by manjaro-pulse,

• removing pulseaudio-zeroconf breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio-zeroconf’ required by manjaro-pulse,

• removing pulseaudio-lirc breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio-lirc’ required by manjaro-pulse,

Please help!
Sorry…I can’t upload images and inxi -F message. It wont let me :frowning:

You may want to remove unsupported packages first and fix your Nvidia drivers:

sudo pacman -Rdd $(pacman -Qq | grep 418xx) manjaro-pulse --noconfirm
sudo pacman -Rsnc linux57 linux58 --noconfirm
sudo pacman -S mhwd mhwd-db --noconfirm
sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux510
sudo mhwd -r pci video-nvidia-418xx
sudo mhwd -i pci video-nvidia

It worked! Tnx so very much!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.