Problem with Chromium-widevine

I have installed Chromium Widevine using the script provided in sway edition. I have problem with testing DRM. I launch script. When I open h**ps://bitmovin.com/demos/drm, I have this error
The MediaKey object could not be created/initialized
(DRM_MEDIA_KEY_INITIALIZATION_FAILED)

My log:
non-network local connections being added to access control list
Spawning container chromiumwidevine on /var/lib/machines/chromium_widevine.
Press ^] three times within 1s to kill container.
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 133: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 134: lsb_release: command not found
Couldn’t get V3D IDENT0: No such device
libGL error: failed to create dri screen
libGL error: failed to load driver: vc4
Couldn’t get V3D IDENT0: No such device
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to create dri screen
[42:42:0110/120815.182570:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(369)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[510:1:0110/120920.866499:ERROR:cdm_module.cc(135)] CDM at /usr/lib/chromium-browser/libwidevinecdm.so could not be loaded.
[510:1:0110/120920.866972:ERROR:cdm_module.cc(136)] Error: /usr/lib/chromium-browser/libwidevinecdm.so: cannot open shared object file: Operation not permitted

How to fix this problem?

Can you try with the package in the AUR

That package does not target aarch64. And as such, does not contain any armv7 widevine library.

2 Likes

Which script?

I think you’re right as the widevine and the browser version is quite old and I have not found the right combination of libwidevine and chromium to make it work again. Netflix should work but amazon needs newer version. I have never tried the link you shared.

I found this patch h**ps://github.com/pejobo/glibc-widevine
Could anybody help to compile this ?

That PKGBUILD does not have anything to do with Widevine as far as I can see, other than the repo name it self. It’s just building glibc.

Housekeeping …