Problem with build() using yay

New arch user (seasoned debian-based used tho, I know how to use linux), loving Manjaro so far.

I’m trying to solve an error with yay, it’s the first time I’ve seen it and Arco linux (another arch based distro) doesn’t have it. I’ll copy and paste the problem itself:

==> Creating the package ---> No issues
==> Checking dependencies while executing... ---> No issues
==> Checking dependencies while compiling... ---> No issues
==> WARNING: Using the existing tree $srcdir/
==> Starting pkgver()...
==> Starting build()...
/home/starseeker/.cache/yay/git-cola-git/PKGBUILD: line 30: make: command not found
==> ERROR: There was an error in build().
Cancelling...
checking dependencies...
:: python-pyparsing requiere opcionalmente python-jinja: for generating Railroad Diagrams

I translated part of the code from spanish, so it might not be exactly as it is, but you’ll get the idea. I’m trying to install git-cola from AUR (had the same problem with git-cola-git). Many thanks, I’ll provide any needed info.

I’d also love to contribute to Manjaro and linux in general, I’m an undergrad engineer that knows intermediate-advanced python (among some basics like networking, bash/zsh, …), in some years I’ll actively contribute to this community that has already given me so much in exchange for nothing. Can you give me any direction in that regard?

install the base-devel package group - all of it

You (via yay) are trying to compile software, but lack the necessary tools to do so.

1 Like

:point_up:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.