Problem Update : Starting full system upgrade... there is nothing to do

I Try to update from terminal with: sudo pamac update or sudo pacman -Syyu or sudo pacman-mirrors --continent && sudo pacman -Syyu But the result is same: There is nothing to do.

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                   163,5 KiB  65,1 KiB/s 00:03 [################################################] 100%
 extra                                                 1857,0 KiB   127 KiB/s 00:15 [################################################] 100%
 community                                                7,6 MiB   178 KiB/s 00:44 [################################################] 100%
 multilib                                               170,6 KiB   406 KiB/s 00:00 [################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

It looks like you already refreshed your mirror list.
Perhaps you are already up to date?
… don’t use sudo with pamac - it will prompt you for the password when needed
with pacman - yes, but not with pamac or yay or other AUR helpers

I have been doing it for one week, and the result is the same

There has been no updates to stable branch since the February 20th.

ok. thanks for the info.

Keep up-to-date with updates released by watching the Stable Updates announcements. Or install the matray app, from the community repository:

$ pamac search matray
matray                                                                                                                                                                                                                       [Installed] 1.1.4-1  community
A Manjaro Linux announcements notification app
2 Likes

That seems like a long pause for a rolling release that is a couple revisions behind on a couple packages. Why so few updates?

As you may know (now you do), Manjaro has different branches.
Stable branch receives updates far less frequently than, for instance, testing branch.
It’s still a rolling distribution, but tries to not expose you to whatever glitches might appear when updating right away, like Arch does.

I am very much aware of that. Regardless stable releases of other distros are using new packages which is what drives my question. My Fedora system get more frequent updates and typically run newer packages.

I’m sorry I’m butting in (OK no, not really.)

But if you want to use the packages at Arch Linux-speed, then go ahead and install Arch Linux. If you’d rather use Fedora because the packages are newer, go ahead.

Just keep in mind, specifically Fedora, which is backed by Redhat, has a lot more employees.

Also, Manjaro has always branded and sold itself as a curated rolling release, which means the packages go through a testing phase before being pushed to stable.

I don’t know or care about anyone else, really, but I prefer my rolling release curated. If you want it faster, then stop complaining and start helping testing tings.

</rant>

Edit:

If you’d searched, you’d have noticed this topic has been covered numerous times:

Further reading:

3 Likes

I tried, it seems my hardware was to new.

How very Microsoftisk of you.

You might want to try installing Arch again. If you had hardware that Arch, with its newer packages, didn’t support, I’d have thought you wouldn’t have been able to install Manjaro either

At this point I have a fuctional system and am not really interested in running a fresh install. But remember the current Fedora 37 ISO is still booting on the 5.19 kernel where are the current Manjaro ISO is booting on the 6.1. And given that I am running a system build on the AMDs 7000 series CPU and GPU I have to boot in 6.0 kernel or better.

February 20th.
:coffee:

Right. Sorry, got months mixed up.

Now that’s a “humble” brag if I ever heard one.

Nah. M$ wouldn’t want or care for community involvement.

It is a simple fact. I am running a freshly built system with latest generation hardware, things are what they are.

Not really. You do realize the Microsoft is an active participant in Linux development right? Linux might have a great deal of grass roots community involvement but it also has a great deal of investment from large corporate entities. Both of which are good things.

@FreeRangeTux If you want your issue looked into, i suggest you create a separate thread or flag this one to be split. Let’s not mix topics.

What issue?