Problem in the update system

Can you now perform the update?

No,I can’t

sudo pacman -R pamac-gtk3 manjaro-application-utility pamac-tray-icon-plasma libpamac-flatpak-plugin python-manjaro-sdk                   
error: target not found: pamac-gtk3
error: target not found: manjaro-application-utility
error: target not found: pamac-tray-icon-plasma

Look, I think it’s done right

All you did was to repeat the earlier command to remove those applications,

Do you remember how to update a Manjaro system?

Yes XD

Then, please share the output from the update command if it fails again.

Otherwise, enjoy Manjaro.
Cheers.

sudo pacman -Syu                                                                                                                              
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace bashrc-manjaro with core/bash? [Y/n] y
:: Replace kcolorpicker with extra/kcolorpicker-qt5? [Y/n] y
:: Replace kimageannotator with extra/kimageannotator-qt5? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing pacman (6.1.0-5) breaks dependency 'libalpm.so=13-64' required by libpamac

I can Fix ittttt

sudo -Rdd libpamac

Even if you seem now to have found a solution working for you, it is worth noting, this indicates a badly maintained system. Bad and unsynced mirrors, system not updated, broken update or something like that.
The version combination stated in the first post is in theory impossible (and that is why it errors out). It is the current version of the lib and an old version of the program. My guess is, you did not update in quite some time, and then you did a partial update updating only one package or the lib. That puts you in a totally unsupported state and is not the way to go on a rolling distribution, hopefully you now understand why.

2 Likes

i had exact same issue when i switched from stable to testing to get plasma6 but it was easily solved by removing the conflicting packages.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.