Problem after updating my system - blackscreen

Hey everyone, i have a problem of not beeing able to boot into my system after the latest update - probably the latest Nvidia driver update.

After restarting my system, after the “motherboard/go into bios screen”, i only get a blackscreen, no commandline, no nothing.

I assume it has to do with not beeing able to load the grafikdriver, but i am not certain. Is tehre a way to repair this?

Sorry for the question, i am pretty new with Linux/Manjaro and i hope there is a way to get my system back without setting up new.
Help would be very much appreciated - thank you all!

2 Likes

Which is:

• open /etc/default/grub
  • remove “splash” from “GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=” line
  • regenerate the menu for grub by running
    sudo update-grub
4 Likes

Many thanks 6x12. Same issue here on laptop with AMD / Radeon. Minor panic mode before coming here to check on issue.

1 Like

Spam-posting on all the similar threads :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I also got this problem: black login screen and no cursor, switching tty does nothing. I didn’t try to blindly enter the password, my fault. However, the login screen worked via the integrated video card and then, after login, the video output works on both cards.

Removing Plymouth and the splash option did nothing. After some troubleshooting, I read the neighbour topic Dell G7 7588 freeze when booting and its

Problem 2 Solution 1 Comment the GRUB_GFXMODE and GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX lines in the grub configuration to ensure that the NVIDIA graphics are not used by grub during startup.

seem to work for me, even though I have AMD Radeon :tada:

No nothing? So not nothing.

Which is something…