Privoxy adblock

So I’ve used the Ad Block with Privoxy instruction on the Arch wiki and for a long time it worked great. I’ve copied the list to my Windows10 machine and there it works perfect. But since a few days (I first noticed it Monday), it also blocked some functionality like web.whatsapp (can’t login or get a QR code to login, and breaks once I turn the proxy back on) and discord login (once logged in I seem to be able to turn the proxy back on). Weirdly enough, there do still work perfectly on the Windows machine.

Now I’m quite a noob when it comes to networking stuff so aside of following that tutorial I have very little clue what to do with it, so what I’ve got it literally what you get from following that tutorial. I quite liked the adblocking with Privoxy as it stops sites from getting mad at you from having an adblocker :upside_down_face:. So any advice on how to make those webpages work again on this Manjaro machine would be appreciated.

Hi @Cambionn,

I’ve never heard of Privoxy before. I use pihole together with uBlock origin, Ghostery and Privacy badger. Yeah, that’s a lot, I know.

However, I think what you need to setup is some kind of whitelist, and according to this page:

The file /etc/privoxy/user.action is meant for your own configurations. Locate the { -filter } line and add your url below it.

I haven’t tested it myself, but considering the semantics, it should w