Dear all,
I have Manjaro installed on two systems (desktop and laptop). On my desktop I was able to upgrade emacs to version 27 a couple of weeks ago. However, on my laptop, I am still stuck with version 26.
I have confirmed that the emacs package is not prevented from being upgraded in pacman.conf. I do not know if the issue is limited to emacs or if other packages on the system similarly are prevented from being updated. When using and updating the system, I do not experience any errors/problems.
Any ideas what could be responsible for that behavior?
Best regards.
Welcome to the forum! 
Both the emacs and emacs-nox ─ which I myself prefer ─ packages in the repository are at version 27. The only version 26 I can find is emacs-gtk2, which is an AUR package. So maybe you’ve installed emacs from the repository on the desktop and emacs-gtk2 on the laptop? 
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I also though about that possibility (or me building the package from source). But no, the package installed is for sure emacs 26.3-2 from the extra repo.
In that case, I can only advise… 
sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu
I have no explanation for why or how you ended up with an outdated version of emacs on your system. 
Thank you, it worked! Many other packages needed to be upgraded after running the pacman-mirrors command, among them emacs. What is strange is that before running the pacman-mirror command, I was still receiving packages update (but not all of them). Any idea(s) what could have happen so I can avoid a future issue?
And should I mark this topic as resolved?
Again thank you for the help!
You probably had a mirror in there that wasn’t fully updated yet, or that was broken. It happens. 
Please do. 
You’re welcome. 