Pressing multiple keys(more than 6) at the same time doesn't work

I got a new keyboard(HyperX Alloy Origin Core) today
I plugged keyboard to my computer and tried on windows 11, worked well without any issue
but i tried on linux, i pressed 8 keys at the same time and only 6 characters typed
for example, I pressed a, s, d, f, j , k, l, ; but only a, s, d, f, j, k were typed
this issue doesn’t happen on windows and my previous keyboard(which is Cox ck104, mechanical keyboard with Yellow switch) also have no issue.
i already tried restarting computer, unplugging then plugging my keyboard or use other usb port but still having this issue

1 Like

I remember in Windows, keyboards that support N-Key Rollover, are installing 2 keyboard drivers to support this functionality. Maybe that helps more experienced users to give a solution.

I have upload similar to this post, but i found something strange

after I got my new keyboard, I found that the keyboard can`t press(or input) 7 or more keys at once, I can only input 6 keys at once, even the keyboard support infinite multi input(every key can be input at once)

but some keys, like Ctrl, Alt, Shift, can input with 6 other keys.
for example, normally I can type 6 keys, like “asdfgh”, “123478”, “asdf” + two arrow keys, but not “asdfght” or something that require to input 7 or more keys at once
but with special keys, I can input more than 6 keys at once, like LShift + “asdfjk”. (7 keys at once)

That is normal, if the N-Key rollover is not enabled. As I said, in some keyboards you have to enabled on the keyboard in order to function. However, I am not sure if Linux supports that.
Some information that might help: