PPSSPP crashes when opening memory stick/save game menus

I’m using PPSSPP 1.10.3-1. The emulator crashes every time I open the save game menu --not the one from the emulator’s Save States, I mean the menu which emulates PSP’s native memory stick file explorer. This affects all games which rely on this menu, regardless of backend mode (OpenGL or Vulkan) or frontend (SDL or QT). These are the “common” lines that appear on the terminal every time before crashing:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::logic_error’
what(): basic_string::_M_construct null not valid
Aborted (`core’ generated)

What can I do to solve this? Thanks

I get the feeling you will get better help on this issue on their forum—to which I cannot link to because of the new forum’s account-privilege restrictions…

same here on star ocean 2 and monster hunter 3 hd (in freedom unite works fine), also in my setup neither god eater burst nor god eater 2 work with vulkan backend. the version 1.7 works fine though.

Did you solve the problem ? I have the same problem as you

Downloading the newest version from AUR fixed the problem for me (ppsspp-git package)

Too bad the flatpak version had problems with save-states (loading a save state was making the game to deteriorate with graphical and interface glitches).