Potential gwenview bug? or a build issue?

starting gwenview from Konsole results in the following errors - in the 2nd set of errors, the line Watching absolute paths is not supported is not specific to gwenview - i’ve seen this for other KDE apps

gwenview 23.08.4-1 (repo)
KDE Plasma 5.27.10

$ gwenview
kf.i18n.kuit: "Unknown subcue ':whatsthis,' in UI marker in context {@info:whatsthis, %1 the action's text}."
org.kde.kdegraphics.gwenview.lib: Unresolved mime type  "image/x-aptus-mos"
[ many more removed for brevity ]
org.kde.kdegraphics.gwenview.lib: Unresolved mime type  "image/x-sti"
org.kde.kdegraphics.gwenview.lib: Unresolved raw mime type  "image/x-samsung-srw"

if i pass a folder of images to gwenview, this is the result - notice the last line…

kf.i18n.kuit: "Unknown subcue ':whatsthis,' in UI marker in context {@info:whatsthis, %1 the action's text}."
org.kde.kdegraphics.gwenview.lib: Unresolved mime type  "image/x-aptus-mos"
[ many more removed for brevity ]
org.kde.kdegraphics.gwenview.lib: Unresolved raw mime type  "image/x-samsung-srw"
kf.config.core: Watching absolute paths is not supported "/usr/share/gwenview/color-schemes/fullscreen.colors"

They’re not errors they’re warnings. The “Unresolved mime type” ones should probably be using notice log priority level instead of spamming warnings because they’re harmless. No idea about the others but unless you actually have a problem with gwenview then they’re safe to ignore.

thanks for the info - the problem i have is that the warnings stop the execution of a shell script in which i’m passing a folder of images to gwenview

aSpecViewerExe=( 'gwenview' '--fullscreen' '../spectro/' )

given the “Watching absolute paths is not supported” warning, i’ll have to try passing the full path and see if that solves the problem, even if sounds counterintuitive … and no, that didn’t work

no big deal - i’ll figure out something

kf.config.core: Watching absolute paths is not supported “/usr/share/gwenview/color-schemes/fullscreen.colors”

The above warning has no relation to the path ../spectro/ you passed to gwenview.

Try to test it by opening your terminal and directly running

gwenview --fullscreen ../spectro/

And see if gwenview opens or not at that specified folder.

gwenview always works and displays the requested images, it’s just that it “interrupts” the console, thus the calling script is unable to complete (i have to Ctrl+C)

the mime type warnings have no effect, only when the “Watching absolute paths is not supported” happens does gwenview cause the problem

whatever is causing it started fairly recently

probably should have mentioned, not that it’s any help, the full command is:

gwenview '--fullscreen' '../spectro/' > '/dev/null' & disown

but even with ‘disown’, gwenview sits in the console waiting for input, hence why i need to kill it, which also kills my script

Why are you using quotes?
What’s wrong with

gwenview -f ../spectro & disown