PostGIS not available after update

I recently updated to PostGIS Version 3.0.3-1. Afterwards I started my server as usual and got the following error in the log:

ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/postgis-3.so": /usr/lib/postgresql/postgis-3.so: undefined symbol: list_make1_impl

I also get an additional statement:

STATEMENT:  SELECT
	a.attnum,
	a.attname,
	a.atttypmod,
	a.attstattarget,
	a.attstorage,
	t.typstorage,
	a.attnotnull,
	a.atthasdef,
	a.attisdropped,
	a.attlen,
	a.attalign,
	a.attislocal,
	pg_catalog.format_type(t.oid, a.atttypmod) AS atttypname,
	a.attgenerated,
	CASE WHEN a.atthasmissing AND NOT a.attisdropped THEN a.attmissingval ELSE null END AS attmissingval,
	a.attidentity,
	pg_catalog.array_to_string(ARRAY(SELECT pg_catalog.quote_ident(option_name) || ' ' || pg_catalog.quote_literal(option_value) FROM pg_catalog.pg_options_to_table(attfdwoptions) ORDER BY option_name), E',
	    ') AS attfdwoptions,
	CASE WHEN a.attcollation <> t.typcollation THEN a.attcollation ELSE 0 END AS attcollation,
	array_to_string(a.attoptions, ', ') AS attoptions
	FROM pg_catalog.pg_attribute a LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_type t ON a.atttypid = t.oid
	WHERE a.attrelid = '18597'::pg_catalog.oid AND a.attnum > 0::pg_catalog.int2
	ORDER BY a.attnum

Originally I thought this is an issue with the proj-package. Unfortunately it appears to be something deeper within PostgreSQL or PostGIS. It appears to be a general problem with the latest version of PostgreSQL and PostGIS in Manjaro, but I can’t find a solution to this anywhere online.

I have a recent backup of my DB so I could try to restore everything from scratch, but of course I would like to try and avoid this, if at all possible.

My current package-setup is as follows:

QGIS: Version 3.16.5
Postgres: Version 12.6-1
PostGIS: Version 3.0.3-1

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

When pasting terminal output, highlight it and use the Preformatted text </> button, not the Quote " button.

Alternatively, add three backticks ` above and below the text:

```
text
```

Please edit your post accordingly.

Thanks for the hint. I changed the original post.