Since my “level” is too low for the tutorial section, I´ll post this here. Would be great if anyone tests this and provides some feedback, thanks!
I tried almost every workaround regarding tearing prevention for my nvidia card (GTX1070) under Plasma. Some helped preventing tearing but I still got a lot of stuttering and short “desktop freezes”.
First of all I replaced Kwin with kwin-lowlatency (AUR). Second step was to remove all nvidia-settings and xorg config. Next…
• install kwin-lowlatency and replace Kwin
• remove ~/.nvidia-settings-rc and /root/.nvidia-settings-rc
• remove/rename /etc/X11/xorg.conf
• remove/rename /etc/X11/mhwd/nvidia.conf
After rebooting run nvidia-settings and tick “Allow flipping” under the OpenGL settings tab. Save current configuration and exit.
Last step, compositor settings:
• tick “Allow applications to block compositing” (active),
• untick “Suspend compositor for full-screen windows” (deactivated),
• Minimum latency 0
Hopefully I didn´t forget any step