Please build ipu6 camera drivers with kernel 6.10

Hello,

I am requesting that intel-ipu6 and intel-ipu6-isys be built with Manjaro kernel 6.10. I am currently running 6.10.0-rc4-1-MANJARO and modprobing them results in:

sudo modprobe intel-ipu6
modprobe: FATAL: Module intel-ipu6 not found in directory /lib/modules/6.10.0-rc4-1-MANJARO
sudo modprobe intel-ipu6-isys
modprobe: FATAL: Module intel-ipu6-isys not found in directory /lib/modules/6.10.0-rc4-1-MANJARO

As detailed in my first post, I have been having troubles getting my laptop webcam working in Manjaro and the people that have been helping me believe that this could fix my issues.

They said:

Although the possibility to build them is there, they are not included in the Manjaro kernel.
They haven’t been built.
They could be built - they are included in the kernel headers from which the kernel is built
but apparently the configuration for the build process has not been updated to actually build them.

Thank you

Isn’t it possible for you to build the modules?

It might work with pamac build intel-ipu6-dkms-git

We’ve already been through the (broken) AUR packages on the other thread.

The ipu6 drivers are now included in kernel 6.10 so there is no need for external packages. The only thing missing is that apparently the kernel config hasn’t been updated to actually build them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Most likely added to rc7 of 6.10. Switch to unstable branch when available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.