Plasma5-applets-weather-widget 1.6.10 NOT working anymore in latest Manjaro Linux

Hi forumers,

just for info I also wrote to the author of the widget explaining my problem, and, as it is still NOT SOLVED, I’m here asking your help.

plasma5-applets-weather-widget does NOT work anymore in latest Manjaro Linux.

Here is my system:
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.74.0
Qt Version: 5.15.1
Kernel Version: 5.8.11-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Memory: 3.8 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NV92

And this is the error I see clicking on the icon in the taskbar:
Errore durante il caricamento del file QML: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.weatherWidget/contents/ui/main.qml:113:5: Type YrNo unavailable
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.weatherWidget/contents/ui/providers/YrNo.qml:18:1: module “QtQuick.XmlListModel” plugin “qmlxmllistmodelplugin” not found

I think the problem could be Manjaro with Qt 5.15.1, indeed no problems with KDE NEON with QT 5.15.0.

All dependencies are installed, infact the package in Archlinux-Manjaro installs

• [plasma-workspace]
  • [qt5-graphicaleffects]
  • [qt5-xmlpatterns]
  • [extra-cmake-modules]

dependencies as reported plasma5-applets-weather-widget page.

I saw not a few forums reporting the same problem, especialy when using Arch or Manjaro, so probably it depends on how they or QT manage the scripts in the widget.

Hope you can solve or help me.
Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Hello,

I’m on testing and unstable branches (separate installs) and never had issues with that widget.

is provided by /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/libqmlxmllistmodelplugin.so file that belongs to qt5-xmlpatterns package that you seem to have installed already.
Try reinstalling the package with:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu qt5-xmlpatterns
then reboot the system.

Also, how did you installed the widget? KDE Store, git clone and compilation, or from official repository ?
My suggestion is to make sure you remove any of the first two, also from panel or where you keep it, and install:
sudo pacman -S plasma5-applets-weather-widget

1 Like

Thanks for your fast response.

About the first command, I have seen some errors:

(2/8) reinstallazione qt5-xmlpatterns [##########################################] 100%
attenzione: è stato rilevato un warning durante l’estrazione di /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/
qxsduserschematype_tpl_p.h (Could not stat /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/qxsduserschematype_tp
l_p.h)
attenzione: è stato rilevato un warning durante l’estrazione di /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/
qxsdvalidatedxmlnodemodel_p.h (Could not stat /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/qxsdvalidatedxmlno
demodel_p.h)
qxsdvalidatinginstancereader_p.h (Could not stat /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/qxsdvalidatingi
nstancereader_p.h)
qxsdwildcard_p.h (Could not stat /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/qxsdwildcard_p.h)
qxsdxpathexpression_p.h (Could not stat /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/qxsdxpathexpression_p.h)
qxslt20corefunctions_p.h (Could not stat /usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private/qxslt20corefunctions_p.
h)
attenzione: è stato rilevato un warning durante l’estrazione di /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/libqmlxmllistmodelplug
in.so (Could not stat /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/libqmlxmllistmodelplugin.so)
attenzione: è stato rilevato un warning durante l’estrazione di /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/plugins.qmltypes (Coul
d not stat /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/plugins.qmltypes)

Anyway the widget was installed from Manjaro repository…

Please reboot the system.

Rebooted.

The problem is still there…

Hi again.

I think there is a corrupted package in repository: qt5-xmlpatterns-5.15.1-1

Infact installing again qt5-xmlpatterns-5.15.1-1 from Manjaro repo
by terminal, I have got some errors:

attenzione: impossibile ottenere le informazioni relative al file usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private
/qxsduserschematype_tpl_p.h
attenzione: impossibile ottenere le informazioni relative al file usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns/5.15.1/QtXmlPatterns/private
/qxsdvalidatedxmlnodemodel_p.h
/qxsdvalidatinginstancereader_p.h
/qxsdwildcard_p.h
/qxsdxpathexpression_p.h
/qxslt20corefunctions_p.h
attenzione: impossibile ottenere le informazioni relative al file usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/libqmlxmllistmodelplu
gin.so
attenzione: impossibile ottenere le informazioni relative al file usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/plugins.qmltypes

So I downloaded and reinstalled again qt5-declarative-5.15.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst and qt5-xmlpatterns-5.15.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst from Archlinux repository and everything went flawlessly…

…and now weather widget is working ok, but I CANNOT change places in settings!!!