[Plasma] Latte not autostarting on login

System details:

  • Manjaro 21.0.4
  • Linux kernel 5.12
  • KDE Plasma 5.21.5
  • AUR package latte-dock-git r5489.4d407abe

Latte is listed under Plasma’s System Settings → Startup and Shutdown → Autostart, but it does not automatically start when I login.

Latte has autostarted fine in the past, so I’d guess a new version of some package is to blame.

Running ~/.config/autostart/org.kde.latte-dock manually, or running “Latte” from KRunner, works just fine.

I’m not sure what log files (if any) would be useful to attach, so I’ll edit the post to include any logs you request.

Any advice toward getting Latte to auto-start will be appreciated. Thank you!

This is working for me…

That appears identical to my startup entry.

I have the same issue.

Latte Version: latte-dock-git r5509.458255996-1 (AUR)

KDE Plasma Version: 5.12.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.82.0
Qt Version: 5.12.2
Kernel Version: 5.12.8-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11

Processor: Intel i5-1135G7
Memory: 16 GB
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel Xe Graphics

@redbrain144 did you find any solution?

I just updated this morning - and latte was dead… the update complained about a fair few /latte folders, so I had to delete a ton of them before installing it, thankfully not the config folder and it’s back to normal.

Give it a go - close Latte, then clean up and re-install and see if it helps:

 doas rm -R /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte*
 doas rm -R /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/latte/*
 doas rm -R /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.latte.*

@Ben unfortunately reinstalling didn’t help. Also the listed directories were already gone after uninstalling.

1 Like

Found a solution in the Arch Forum (can’t post links).
It works when autostart is disabled in the Latte settings :smiley:


LMFAO that’s what we call a proper clusterFuk. Glad you found the glitch. :+1:

I just tried this step and was surprised that it solved the problem LMFAO

The problem appears to have gone away on its own.
I might have inadvertently changed a setting, or a recent build fixed the issue.
Either way, this can now be marked as solved.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.