Plasma Activities & Widgets

Is it still possible to have different widgets on different activities? I have been able to achieve this in the past, but can’t seem to do it at present.

I have managed to have different wallpapers on each activity, but can’t figure out widgets. I remember that there was a box to tick, that said something like “Use different widgets on each activity”, but I can no longer find it.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, that is still perfectly possible, but with two caveats…

1. You cannot have different panel configurations for different activities; and…
  2. You cannot put different widgets on the panels for different activities.

As far as I know, this checkbox has already long been removed from the settings. You simply add the widgets to the desktop in any particular activity, but do note that you have to unlock the widgets first.

Right-click the desktop and choose “Customize Desktop Layout”. If the option is greyed-out, then you must issue the following command in a terminal window first… :arrow_down:

qdbus org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell evaluateScript "lockCorona(false)"

When you’re done, right-click the desktop again and choose “Finish Customizing Layout”. You can then, if you wish, lock the widgets down even further with the command… :arrow_down:

qdbus org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell evaluateScript "lockCorona(true)"
2 Likes

Thanks so much, Aragorn. I’ll give it a try, then let you know how it went.

1 Like

If you use Latte-Dock as Panel instead, then you can have different layouts for each Activity …

2 Likes