PKGBUILD for Studio One

Hi there
I’m trying to convert a .deb package of STUDIO ONE, but as I have not enough experience i can not do it.
So is there anybody who can help me to rewrite PKGBUILD?
I do use a debtap app to convert a .deb package

Well I guess it is a paid app? I cannot find any package online.

Share the content of the deb and maybe I or someone else can give you hints.

That way you can extract it on Manjaro without dpkg:

mkdir studioone
ar x studioone.deb --output studioone
tar --extract --xz --file=studioone/control.tar.xz --directory=studioone
tar --extract --xz --file=studioone/data.tar.xz --directory=studioone
rm studioone/data.tar.xz studioone/control.tar.xz

There are usually some text files which contains instructions what to do. postrm, postinst, preupgrade etc. Share them.

Also the whole tree:

tree -L 3 studioone

The debtap is a great tool but the result not always predictable.

Some time ago I wrote a generic guide - perhaps you find it to of help

1 Like

Well I guess it is a paid app? I cannot find any package online.

It is, but they make the BETA for linux and this is not a paid app yet.
my presonus com/products/detail/30733270

This kinda goes over the new release and how to get it (requires sign up)

Aside from that and whatever else has already been done, I would expect this page to be instructive for accomplishing a decent working PKGBUILD:

I suppose it is so
I see it and I am like that guy %( can understand nothing

Is it possible to make it installing from octopi for example?

Sure, when it is converted. But converting is mostly a tedious task.

I did it, but how to send it to you?

With good old copy&paste or upload it on any paste service and share the link, or if it is not against their “General Terms and Conditions”, upload the deb file and share it here.

Well, they have a support forum: PreSonus Forums | Studio One on Manjaro | Studio One Linux

Here is another guide: PreSonus Forums | Installation Guide for Distros other than Ubuntu 23.04 | Studio One Linux

2 Likes

/rant ->I get it - you would rather have it served on a gold platter /rant

Not unless you create a pacman package - judging from the forum topic linked above - you should need to.

Please turn to the forum for the application → as pointed out in above comment :point_up_2:

I manage to run it natively on Manjaro.
extract deb file , put opt directory files in your Manajro opt/
rename Studio One 6 folder to studioone6
rename Studio One file to studioone
install icu72 from AUR
go to studioone6 directory
./studioone
all vsts also yabridged seems working too.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=308908&sid=a3a4dc502471971b9d140e3ed2c93bcd#p308908

If it is that important to you - the link provided - the generic deb to manjaro guide - contains a link to Arch Linux documentation on PKGBUILD - learn to do it or don’t use the application.

1 Like

Wow, this made my day!
Hope Line6 gets wind of this! They seem not to be aware that their Helix guitar modellers work as audio interface on manjaro out of the box, however, the corresponding hxedit.exe software doesn’t. What a waste!

Presonus Studio One first beta version for Linux was released 26 Sept 2023

Studio One 6.5 is now available as public beta version for Ubuntu Linux | PreSonus Software

Please note that this is provided primarily for plug-in developers and advanced Linux users.

Studio One is a Wayland application and won’t run in an X11 session

Also requires a Vulkan 1.1 compatible driver
and needs yadbridge for VST plugins - no support for Linux plugins

Ardour and Reaper are available from Manjaro repositories
Other Linux compatible DAWs are available from AUR
Or harrisonaudio.com for the best professional Linux DAW and plugins

See this on Line6 forum for running software in WINE with lin-vst
Helix Native - now with added Linux! - Helix Native - Line 6 Community

1 Like

HelixNative and HxEdit have essentially the same look and function but Native is purely a plugin but needs a fair amount of resources whereas HxEdit is the software that controls their helix hardware where the actual processing happens.

Hxedit works under wine but fails to see my usb connected HXstomp even though it’s recognised by the OS. Some ppl have got it working via a VM but that’s too much hassle imho since I have to use Win to run StudioOne anyway.

Still, with Presonus on board there’s hope especially since Line6 seems quite connected to their community.

File: control

Architecture: amd64

Depends: libasound2 (>= 1.1.0), libavahi-compat-libdnssd1 (>= 0.6.16), libc6 (>= 2.34), libcairo-gobject2 (>= 1.10.0), libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4), libcairomm-1.16-1 (>= 1.16.2), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.12.6), libfreetype6 (>= 2.11.1), libgcc-s1 (>= 4.0), libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.40.0), libglibmm-2.68-1 (>= 2.76.0), libgraphene-1.0-0 (>= 1.5.4), libgtk-4-1 (>= 4.0.0), libgtkmm-4.0-0 (>= 4.10.0), libharfbuzz-icu0 (>= 0.9.9), libharfbuzz-subset0 (>= 6.0.0), libharfbuzz0b (>= 2.1.1), libicu72 (>= 72.1~rc-1~), libjack-jackd2-0 (>= 1.9.10+20150825) | libjack-0.125, libjpeg8 (>= 8c), libkf5notifications5 (>= 4.96.0), libkf5wallet-bin, libkf5wallet5 (>= 4.96.0), libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0), libpangocairo-1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0), libpangomm-2.48-1 (>= 2.50.1), libqt5core5a (>= 5.3.0), libqt5dbus5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5gui5 (>= 5.7.0) | libqt5gui5-gles (>= 5.7.0), libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.0.2), libsecret-1-0 (>= 0.7), libsigc++-3.0-0 (>= 2.2.0), libssl3 (>= 3.0.0), libstdc++6 (>= 12), libunistring2 (>= 0.9.7), libuuid1 (>= 2.16), libvulkan1 (>= 1.2.131.2), libwayland-client0 (>= 1.20.0), libwayland-cursor0 (>= 1.0.2), libxkbcommon0 (>= 0.5.0)

Description: Studio One is a digital audio workstation (DAW) application, used to create, record, mix and master music and other audio, with functionality also available for video.

Homepage: presonus com/studioone

Maintainer: PreSonus <info ADD presonus.com>

Package: studioone6

Priority: optional

Provides: studioone

Section: sound

Version: 6.5.1.96553

Installed-Size: 438920

FIle: postinst

#!/bin/sh

# summary of how this script can be called:
#        * <postinst> `configure' <most-recently-configured-version>
#        * <old-postinst> `abort-upgrade' <new version>
#        * <conflictor's-postinst> `abort-remove' `in-favour' <package>
#          <new-version>
#        * <postinst> `abort-remove'
#        * <deconfigured's-postinst> `abort-deconfigure' `in-favour'
#          <failed-install-package> <version> `removing'
#          <conflicting-package> <version>
# for details, see debian org/doc/debian-policy/ or
# the debian-policy package

set -e

case "$1" in
	configure)
		mkdir -p /var/opt/PreSonus/Extensions
		chmod 777 /var/opt/PreSonus
		chmod 777 /var/opt/PreSonus/Extensions
	;;

abort-upgrade|abort-remove|abort-deconfigure)
	;;

*)
		#echo "postinst called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
		#exit 1
	;;
esac

exit 0

Moderator edit: Fix formatting and merged posts.

@Dima_San1 I tried to convert the Demo, but it needs (hardcoded) lower versions of libicu and libunistring. Even if I get the libs from debian and let it use them, I was not able to run it.

It is a beta and therefore fixed to Debian based Distros with its older libraries. It would be really difficult to convert it conveniently to a rolling release. Perhaps converting it on Debian/Ubuntu to an AppImage could work, since it will include then all needed libraries, or Flatpak/Snap,

1 Like