Pipewire - Spotify crackling audio

Hi.

I’ve got the problem that Spotify has crackling audio while other apps like Firefox work just fine.
I’ve installed the Snap Spotify package.

pipewire
Compiled with libpipewire 0.3.58
Linked with libpipewire 0.3.58

Whenever the problem occurs, the following warning is posted using journalctl:

pipewire-pulse[2896]: mod.protocol-pulse: client 0x56530b943350 [spotify]: stream 0x56530b95f1c0 OVERFLOW channel:0

I’m not really sure what that warning is supposed to tell me. :person_shrugging:

Device-3 in the output below is the one I’m using for audio playback.

# inxi -A                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Audio:
  Device-1: AMD Family 17h HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Device-2: AMD Ellesmere HDMI Audio [Radeon RX 470/480 / 570/580/590]
    driver: snd_hda_intel
  Device-3: Solid State Logic SSL 2 type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio
  Sound API: ALSA v: k5.15.74-3-MANJARO running: yes
  Sound Server-1: PipeWire v: 0.3.58 running: yes

I’m running 5.15.74-3-MANJARO with GNOME 42.5 on an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X.
Another thing is, the crackling issue appears at random. Or rather, it was there the whole time like a few times before and while collecting the data for this post, I decided to close and open Spotify again and the issue is magically gone, for now at least.

have tried the spotify app from AUR, it will be less likely to conflict with your sound server;
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/spotify

and there is always web player, no installation required;

Nope, I hadn’t tried that one before. Thought I’m wondering why it would be less likely to conflict with my sound server.