Pamac-gtk does not match Xfce theme

pamac-gtk does not match xfce Theme

could help

2 Likes

I am concerned with the differences of gkt3 and gtk4 application in appearance.
I mean the Design is gnome-based, does it look like this on kde as well?
pamac-gtk3 is fine.

I confirm the appearance difference. In addition, the search function no longer works.

This was resolved by retaining both pamac-cli and pamac-gtk version (10.5.1-2)

You can simply switch to pamac-gtk3

2 Likes

I dont understand…

pamac-gtk is gtk4 … xfce only adopted gtk3 in 2020 (gtk3 was released in 2011)…
XFCE has no way to handle gtk4 and probably wont for some time.

pamac-gtk is also new …

If you want to keep the classic, works with your theme, has seen multiple releases, etc etc … then just use pamac-gtk3 … the new one isnt even really considered ‘done’ as far as I can tell.
(that goes for you too @SUMware)

2 Likes

What theme? pamac-gtk uses Libadwaita and Gtk 4 while pamac-gtk3 uses Libhandy and Gtk 3. Neither Adapta nor Matcha support Libadwaita / Gtk 4.

Please don’t post vague messages in Announcements posts. Especially don’t post in both Unstable Updates and Testing Updates. Only post regarding feedback for recent issues for the appropriate branch. I’ve consolidated your posts here.

1 Like

Once installed it will use the libadvaita style and color-scheme and will ignore the changes in System Settings > Appearance. It can be done to follow the KDE style and color scheme by doing one of this things discussed here for other GTK4 applications:

You will still get this Adwaita warning if you run: GTK_THEME=Breeze pamac-manager

Using GtkSettings:gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme with libadwaita is unsupported. Please use AdwStyleManager:color-scheme instead.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.