Phosh Lockscreen number field not usable

Hi,

I don’t know if this forum is the right place for this issue.

I use Phosh on Manjaro Gnome with a 5 inch touchscreen.
The Shell is in landscape by default and on landscape I cannot login with touch alone. When I have a keyboard I can login with enter. But that’s not a good usability.
Is this a general Phosh issue or can I configure something like scaling to access to the full number field?
Or can I add a configuration to force the lock screen to be in portrait mode?

The lockscreen is designed to be used for potrait oriented screens and your screen is likely connected in landscape mode.

Ah ok that sounds logicaly. Is there a way to change the default orientation or is this a setting who comes from the screen?

I’m hitting this too on my PinePhone Pro. I think it started somewhere at or before the 2023-03-30 update. At least that is when i started noticing it.

I am on Manjaro ARM Testing Update 2023-04-14

1. If I have auto-rotate enabled, If I have the phone in landscape when it goes into the lockscreen: The login screen appears in landscape and I cannot log in. It will not rotate back to portrait. I seem to need to hold the power button until it forces power off and restart to get out of this situation.
  2. If I have the phone in portrait with or without auto-rotate enabled, it logs in fine.

Is it possible to enable auto-rotate or force rotate to portrait?

original pp will never boot in other than portrait mode, nor display other than portrait when put into lockscreen. So the issue seems to be with ppp integration.

Still, a bit weak that phosh does not support rotation at lock screen.

You can long press the rotation toggle and then you manually rotate the screen :slight_smile:

cool. The settings are also now available from the lockscreen and it now has forced portrait and landscape modes. so for me, all fixed.