Penguins-eggs throws error on 32-bit

Greetings from Brazil!

I’m facing something odd when trying to produce an egg on Arch 32 (i386 architecture). I’m stuck on a node error.

eggs >>> creating efiWordDir: /home/eggs/ovarium/efi-work/.
/usr/lib/penguins-eggs/node_modules/.pnpm/yoga-layout-prebuilt@1.10.0/node_modules/yoga-layout-prebuilt/yoga-layout/build/Release/nbind.js:53
        throw ex;
        ^

[UnhandledPromiseRejection: This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason "#<Object>".] {
  code: 'ERR_UNHANDLED_REJECTION'
}

I’ve tried to bypass with a try-catch sentence but it only raises a new error:

eggs >>> creating efiWordDir: /home/eggs/ovarium/efi-work/.
node:internal/process/promises:246
          triggerUncaughtException(err, true /* fromPromise */);
          ^

[UnhandledPromiseRejection: This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason "#<Object>".] {
  code: 'ERR_UNHANDLED_REJECTION'
}

What can I do now? I’ve already tried Nodejs v18 and v16 with no success.

Thx in advance

The penguins-eggs thread is not a support thread but for development.

My guess is the architecture -because it’s 32bit - and 32-bit is no longer mainline.

There is not much you can do.

Your setup is unsupported in all possible ways

• not Manjaro
  • not 64-bit
  • not efi

Hi @mpaulo_mp

In that way you arranged to install penguins eggs on 32 bit system? As far I know nodejs ended its support for 32 bit from version 8.x.

If you in same ways used the last 32 bit version: eggs-8.1.17-i386.deb, it was made for Debian/Ubuntu and I don’t think can work on Manjaro.

But please, let me to know about your experiment.

Cheers