PCSXR Build Fails

Hello guys,

I’m trying to install PCSXR, but the build fails.
What I did is :

yay -S pcsxr

And I get these

/usr/bin/ld: Plugin.o:(.bss+0x20): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Plugin.o:(.bss+0x1020): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Config.o:(.bss+0x1000): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Config.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: GtkGui.o:(.bss+0x20): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: GtkGui.o:(.bss+0x1020): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: MemcardDlg.o:(.bss+0xce40): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: MemcardDlg.o:(.bss+0xde40): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: ConfDlg.o:(.bss+0x7f160): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: ConfDlg.o:(.bss+0x80160): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Cheat.o:(.bss+0x20): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Cheat.o:(.bss+0x1020): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: DebugMemory.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: DebugMemory.o:(.bss+0x1000): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: AboutDlg.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `cfgfile_basename'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: AboutDlg.o:(.bss+0x1000): multiple definition of `cfgfile'; LnxMain.o:(.bss+0x1000): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:468: pcsxr] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jeevan/.cache/yay/pcsxr/src/PCSX-Reloaded-1.9.95/pcsxr/gui'
make: *** [Makefile:448: all-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Please help me resolve the issue.

The PCSXR version to my date is 1.9.95 and this is my first time trying to install PCSXR.

The source has not been updated in 2 years, so it might not be compatible with todays build tools (GCC and binutils).

Does that mean I will have no success with PCSXR and get stuck with EPSXE?

No, you can use retroarch. :slightly_smiling_face:

It has the PCSX ReARMed core, which I use and personally prefer to the standalone emulator. Also, retroarch has many conveniences, like a thumbnail downloader, online core and assets updater, and general ease of use.

It takes a while of getting used to, but after that it’s definitely worth it.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll give a try.

Wow, Retroarch is really great. It did what I wanted. Thanks for recommendation

1 Like

You’re welcome! :smiley:

1 Like

Wait, I have it Installed and working, just yesterday. And I’m struggling on how to enable the Plugins for shaders.