I’m running Manjaro 20.1 on the latest 5.8 kernel with Gnome on my Ryzen Thinkpad T14 perfectly fine but i have one strange problem. I’ve set my laptop to lock the screen whenever my display goes blank. But whenever i try to unlock it won’t accept my password and i’m 100% positive that i’m typing it correctly.
I did an install using Architect and i did nothing out of the ordinary except for my partitions. I have the following partitions
/boot FAT32 (unencrypted)
/ Volume Group (/dev/mapper/cryptroot)(luks encrypted)
The encrypted volume group has 2 volumes. 1 ext4 volume for root and 1 volume for swap. I wanted to have a unencrypted boot volume to speed up to boot process. Not sure if this is related to my login problem but i have hunch that it is.
Its PAM not luks. Luks has nothing to dow with authentification at user-session level.
I have the problem as well - i SUSPECT that despite not being in use my fingerprint reader on my T490 does “register” but wrongly and thus if my palm rests on it PAM detects failed logins.
I will go ahead, and because I don’t use it, deactivate the fingerprint reader in the UEFI
Guys, I had the same problem. I wrote down my password and when I tried to login again, I was simply informed that something went wrong.
I used the advanced feature of Manjaro, and changed my password to be able to login again, but I still can’t access it. Even changed my password, the system not accepted it.
I’m getting the same with a fresh install of Manjaro. When I lock the screen manually and quickly unlock it, everything works fine. But if the screen locks due to a timeout, it switches to a dvorak keyboard layout, which trips up my password entry (since I have a y in my password which is now in the z position). I can confirm this by bringing up the virtual keyboard, which reflects the dvorak layout.
I don’t use dvorak. I only have EN-UK installed as a locale. I have no idea what’s happening here.
Even more infuriating, Manjaro appears to be configured to lock the account after 3 failed login attempts. Not sure what the point of that is on a single-user system, but I had to edit /etc/security/faillock.conf to bump this up to 3000 so it doesn’t affect me (see: Account gets locked for 10 minutes after 3 failed attempts).